Jetpack, the WordPress security and performance solution developed by Automattic, has announced the global launch of Jetpack Scan – an automated malware and vulnerability scanning solution specifically for WordPress websites.
Jetpack Scan is the latest evolution in WordPress security from Jetpack. “It’s like having a security guard monitoring your website,” said Paolo Belcastro, Head of Product for Jetpack. “You can rest easy knowing that someone’s watching out for you 24/7. And if we find any threats, you’ll receive an instant email alert so you can fix it right away and get back to running your business. We can even repair the majority of security threats for you with just one click.”
Users can scan their websites, check the results, respond to issues, and, when combined with Jetpack Backup, “quickly” restore their sites to working order all in one place.
Key features of Jetpack Scan includes:
- Automated daily scanning – Jetpack will automatically check a website for malware and other vulnerabilities.
- Instant email notifications – If Jetpack finds any problems, they’ll send an instant alert so this can be addressed immediately.
- One-click fixes – Press a button and Jetpack says it will fix the majority of known malware problems, so sites get back up and running.
- Offsite servers – Scanning takes place on Jetpack’s servers, which would keep things running quickly and allow website owners to access scan results even if a website is completely down.
- Integration with Jetpack Backup – Combine Jetpack Scan and Jetpack Backup for more flexibility and power to fix or fully restore websites when they’re down or have been hacked.
- Protect websites without any technical knowledge – Jetpack Scan was built specifically for WordPress website owners and its “simple, powerful” interface would allow users to keep tabs on everything without being a security expert. In one, centralized location, website owners can review scan results, fix problems, and restore backups. No experience needed.
“Even the best security tools can become useless if they require advanced skills to configure complicated settings,” said Filipe Varela, Product Designer at Jetpack Design. “That’s why it was so important for us to build an accessible and streamlined service. We’re proud to announce a fresh, dedicated interface for Jetpack Scan on Jetpack.com. It will be the central hub for managing all your Jetpack Security products.”
With Jetpack Scan, websites are guarded at all times. Automattic, the company behind Jetpack, is also the company behind products such as WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Tumblr, and WP VIP. Autommattic is a fully distributed company, with more than 1,100 employees in 76 countries speaking 93 different languages. Their common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world. The company believes in open source and the vast majority of their work is available under the GPL.