Managed WordPress hosting company, WP Engine, is making all its Local Pro’ tools and capabilities for WordPress development available for free to everyone. It includes those services previously available only to Local Pro members.
With almost 300,000 users, WP Engine’s Local Pro service provides a collection of local WordPress developer tools and solutions. It would offer a simple development environment for building WordPress websites, testing those sites, and speeding up their development process.
“We’re doubling-down on our commitment to give back to the WordPress community by making all Local tools and features, including those formerly only available with a paid Local Pro subscription, free and available to all Local users,” said Seth Halpern, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Small and Medium Business for WP Engine. “We believe Local Pro features benefit a broader WordPress developer community and we want to deliver the full value of Local to more developers than ever. We want to empower the freedom to create on WordPress by making all Local features available for free.”
WordPress developers, Sandbox
WP Engine’s Local Pro offering gives WordPress developers a sandbox in which to explore and build new sites more quickly. Local Pro’s easy-to-use interface would allow WordPress developers to publish WordPress websites with just a few clicks, simply pull down live websites for offline updates, and sync multiple development tools for an overall streamlined workflow.
All of WP Engine’s Local Pro features are now available for free, including:
- Live Links – Without deploying to staging or production, provide clients a near-real-time preview link of sites
- MagicSync – Push live website updates with file-specific control, including suggestions for updated, added, and removed files
- Link Checker – Scanning and identifying problematic connections on a website might help you avoid problems later
- Instant Reload – To retain flow-state and streamline evaluating CSS changes, work side-by-side with the site code and browser
- Cloud Backups – To save ongoing work, sync Local accounts to Google Drive or Dropbox, and add a site backup to Local as required
For more information on WP Engine’s Local Pro offering, visit their website here.
As a WordPress technology firm, WP Engine offers managed WordPress hosting, enterprise WordPress, headless WordPress, Flywheel, Local, and Genesis, among other developer-centric WordPress solutions, to businesses and agencies of all kinds. WP Engine’s WordPress expertise and technologies assist to power more than 1.5 million sites in 150 countries.