Websites aren’t something you create once and then you’re done. You need to continue caring for them and do ongoing website maintenance to ensure they continue to do the job you need them to do.
Once you’ve built your website and it’s up and running, make note of a few main web maintenance tasks that you need to remember to do moving forward.
To help you out, we’ve organized these tasks by how often you should perform them: yearly, quarterly, monthly, or weekly.
00:00 – Introduction
00:41 – Annual Maintenance
01:34 – Quarterly Maintenance
02:05 – Monthly Maintenance
02:55 – Weekly Maintenance
03:28 – Wrap Up
1. Perform User Testing.
2. Check Your Domain Name Renewal Status.
3. Update Your Header, Footer, and Legal Policies.
4. Make Test Purchases.
5. Test Out All the Forms on Your Website.
6. Fix Any Broken Links.
7. Check for Security Updates.
8. Regularly Backup Your Site.
9. Test Your Website Speed and Make Necessary Improvements.
10. Review Your Key Metrics.
For more web building tips, check out our blog at hostgator.com/blog
Follow us on our Social Media:
Join the Website Owners Community on Facebook: http://gtr.bz/vYJZ30qIcfg
You can watch this video also at the source.