Global storage-as-a-service provider Zadara has acquired NeoKarm, a provider of flexible multi-cloud hybrid platforms. With this acquisition, Zadara obtains NeoKarm technology including the former Stratoscale software IP, which enables MSPs to offer an on-demand private cloud built and fully-managed by Zadara.
By adding NeoKarm cloud technology, backed by Stratoscale IP to its cloud platform, Zadara enables AWS-compatible APIs. This would make it easy for users to utilize the same scripts to deploy applications in Zadara clouds. Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
Other features and benefits of the NeoKarm acquisition would include:
- Flexible Consumption Model – MSPs can now leverage an existing data center for high-performance elastic cloud services with “zero CapEx cost burden.” Avoid large investments in infrastructure, scale up or down as needed and only pay for what end-users consume.
- Elastic Compute Down to a Single Virtual Machine – Offer a self-service instant-provisioning customer experience that scales down to well below the starting price and scale of competing edge solutions.
- Edge Cloud Anywhere – Deliver low-latency edge services leveraging your existing infrastructure.
- Data Privacy and Security – Includes click-to-provision options for dedicated storage resources for customers requiring physical isolation for drives and storage controller level.
- Workload Performance – Deliver a familiar, fully managed, high-performance and agile x86 compatible cloud compute experience, in existing locations with zero CapEx or refresh costs.
- Expert 24x7x365 Services – Zadara’s infrastructure spans 73 regions and 18 countries offering fully managed support from Zadara’s global solution architect and DevOps teams.
“We believe MSPs of any size should be able to offer their own competitive on-demand private cloud without the large upfront CapEx investment traditionally required,” said Nelson Nahum, CEO of Zadara. “The NeoKarm technology seamlessly integrates with our storage solution and offers a vastly improved performance for our customers and partners. I am thrilled to welcome the NeoKarm team to Zadara.”
On-Demand Cloud for MSPs
Additionally, Simon Grinberg, CEO for NeoKarm and former head of product for Stratoscale, has joined Zadara as the head of product. Key NeoKarm DevOps and engineering personnel will also be added to the Zadara roster to continue the development of the technology and drive new compute-focused innovations.
“Zadara and NeoKarm have a shared vision of offering a competitive on-demand cloud for service providers,” said Simon Grinberg, CEO of NeoKarm. “I am excited to join the team at Zadara to continue developing our seamless on-demand private cloud for providers, available at existing data centers, collocations or other cloud locations, built and fully-managed by Zadara.”
Zadara’s cloud services platform helps simplify operational complexity through automated end-to-end infrastructure provisioning of compute, storage and networking resources. Zadara enables service providers to upgrade their IT environments, leveraging existing footprints, with an OpEx consumption-based private cloud. Following a similar model as Zadara’s storage-as-a-service offering, the company’s cloud platform delivers turnkey solutions for MSPs with “the benefits” of on-demand compute and storage services anywhere, in an existing on-premises data center, in a private colocation facility, or in the cloud.