Zerto, a company providing a software-based platform for workload mobility, migration, protection and recovery in hybrid cloud hosting environments, has unveiled Zerto Virtual Replication for Microsoft Hyper-V. This hypervisor-based replication solution offers enterprise-grade disaster recovery, data protection and workload mobility for both VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V.
The addition of Microsoft Hyper-V to the list of hypervisors supported by Zerto Virtual Replication is the first step in the realization of a cloud fabric unveiled by Zerto earlier this year. Zerto Cloud Fabric enables enterprises to utilize any type of workload on any hypervisor or any cloud hosting environment, regardless of underlying infrastructure.
Zerto Virtual Replication would offer an RPO (Recovery Point Objective) of seconds and a consistent point in time recovery for multiple-VM, production applications. Some additional features of Zerto Virtual Replication for Microsoft Hyper-V include:
- Storage agnostic replication – any storage can be used at the source and target site
- Hypervisor agnostic replication – Hyper-V to Hyper-V, vSphere to Hyper-V and Hyper-V to vSphere
- No snapshots – Zerto Virtual Replication uses continuous data protection to minimize impact on the production environment
- Automated orchestration of disaster recovery processes for application consistency
- User-friendly management interface for KPIs and reporting
“Zerto pioneered enterprise-class replication and recovery in virtualized environments, and is bringing this innovation to Hyper-V customers,” said Ziv Kedem, Zerto CEO and co-founder. “We’ve learned that many enterprises want to use a hybrid cloud strategy for their production workloads, but struggle with the challenges presented by workload mobility. Zerto Cloud Fabric enables both hardware and hypervisor agnostic workload portability, giving service providers and customers the option to choose the IT environment that best fits their business needs.”