Avnet Technology Solutions, a global IT solutions distributor and an operating group of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), has expanded its distribution agreement with Veeam Software, a provider of solutions that deliver availability for next-generation data centers, to the U.S. and Canada. This expands upon the existing distribution relationship between Avnet and Veeam in Europe.
Veeam is a key component in many converged infrastructure solutions, according to Avnet, providing vital backup, disaster recovery and virtualization management capabilities. Veeam’s products would allow channel partners to more effectively address their customers’ business needs.
“The addition of Veeam Software to Avnet’s portfolio in the U.S. and Canada will enable our partners to offer their customers a deeper level of protection and availability in the critical areas of backup and recovery,” said Sergio Farache, Avnet Technology Solutions, Americas, Solutions and Strategy group. “Avnet’s expanded relationship with Veeam significantly enhances our converged infrastructure capabilities. Our partners will be able to capitalize on Avnet’s unique position as a distributor of Cisco, HP, NetApp and VMware, to develop Cisco UCS, FlexPod and Vblock – the converged infrastructure solutions that include Veeam’s complementary software technology.”
Veeam is one of the primary virtual machine backup and replication solutions for VMware, while Avnet has Cisco, EMC, HP, NetApp, VMware and Veeam together on its line card. Key benefits of Veeam-based availability solutions would include:
- High-speed recovery – to enable aggressive recovery time objectives (RTOs) and the rapid recovery of data in the required form.
- Data-loss avoidance – with near continuous data protection and streamlined disaster recovery to avoid data loss by enabling very low recovery point objectives (RPOs) and facilitating off-site data protection.
- Verified protection – to enable every file, application or virtual server to be reliably restored when needed – ensuring business resiliency through automated backup and disaster recovery testing.
- Leveraged data – for application deployment, configuration changes and other testing scenarios.
- Complete visibility – of the backup environment and virtual infrastructure using proactive monitoring and alerting tools to discover and receive alerts for issues and potential problems before they can significantly impact operations.
Avnet recently celebrated its 5-year anniversary with Veeam in Europe. Since 2009, Avnet and Veeam have joined forces to benefit partners in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, and the United Kingdom. In addition, since 2012, Avnet and Veeam have been working together in Australia and Indonesia.
Avnet and Veeam at VMworld 2015 US
From August 30 to September 3, 2015, Veeam will be highlighting its solution offerings at VMworld 2015 US at the Moscone Center in San Francisco (booth #913). Veeam is a Platinum-level sponsor of the event. Avnet is an exhibitor-level sponsor of the event and will feature its solutions in booth #2613.