Bit Refinery, a provider of cloud infrastructure as a service (IaaS) hosting based in Denver, Colorado, has announced the launch of Hadoop Hosting. The new dedicated storage service provides companies with the ability to store massive amounts of data through a low cost hosting solution.
In addition to data storage, organizations have the ability to analyze the data without the need to purchase expensive, massively parallel computing (MPC) appliances. The new hosting solution delivers a complete set of features such as fully dedicated servers, private high-speed network and full console control.
Apache Hadoop (commonly referred to as Hadoop) is a software library framework that allows for the distributed processing of large data sets across clusters of computers using simple programming models. In this distributed environment, many nodes are added for faster results with safer data because each file is broken up into “blocks” and replicated among the various nodes.
Specs of the Hadoop Hosting Service
Hadoop Hosting uses the Dell C series line of servers. Each server contains 4 nodes with the following configuration:
- Dell C Series Dedicated Server
- Dual, Quad Core CPUs
- 24GB RAM
- 3, 1TB Enterprise Grade SATA Hard Drives (JBOD)
- Redundant 1GB Ethernet Connectivity
- Full console control via KVM over IP with Media Connectivity
The benefits of Bit Refinery’s Hadoop Hosting include:
- Businesses, researchers and data analysts can process and analyze vast amounts of data. The hosted storage service reduces IT CAPEX with no hardware to purchase.
- Organizations may install any variation of Hadoop.
- Hadoop Hosting could be combined with Bit Refinery’s Enterprise VMware environment for high availability purposes.
The new hosting service from Bit Refinery might be a good fit for companies with the following needs:
- Companies and government agencies wanting to try out Hadoop technology without having to purchase their own equipment.
- Enterprise software sales organizations for use with customer proof of concepts and internal development/R&D.
- Small-to-enterprise-sized businesses with large amounts of data that want to launch their own data analytics projects.
Bit Refinery is a VMware Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) hosting provider that offers secure, scalable infrastructure with near real-time replication, affordable DR/BC service and operational efficiencies that enable companies to focus on their core business. Featuring VMware virtualization technology hosted within its fully redundant infrastructure, businesses of all sizes could benefit from outsourcing infrastructure to the Bit Refinery Cloud while maintaining complete control of their mission critical environment.
Do you want to stay ahead of the competition? Subscribe to our bi-weekly HostingJournalist.com email newsletter with breaking cloud, hosting and data center industry news.
- Koen Stegeman, Editor-in-Chief and CEO